This is it! Congratulations, you’ve made it to day 40! Give yourself a hug, or a pat on the back. After today, I will review the Journey and write an assessment sometime in the next 10-day rest period. Then, we begin Journey of Creation on June 9. I’ll also have some cool content during the rest-period, as I have been recruiting guest-bloggers to write while I am taking a break. Enjoy!
A final day for thinking about beauty. After 40 days, I think I will never see beauty the same way again. That’s the point, right?
Here is what I think have gained from the past 40 days.
- Recognition. I will notice and recognize beauty more. I will look for beauty more. When I see it, I will acknowledge it with joy and gratitude, instead of passing it over. There is so much beauty in everyday life. It’s time to see it.
- Action. Grace and graciousness are beauty-in-action. Respect, politeness, fair-treatment, helpfulness, are as well. I will increase being conscientious of acting with these qualities.
- Cultivation. I will think about how I can cultivate inner beauty. I can turn my attitude and emotions toward things like peace, harmony, or stillness. These qualities may not be actions in themselves, but they influence the actions that I do take.
- Acknowledgement. If I am going to maintain an awareness of beauty to the degree that I think I will, then I better be prepared to acknowledge beauty in myself and in my life. I am beautiful, as you are, as we all are!
- Questioning. I am not going to take beauty for granted (as in #1 above)…but I am not going to take ugliness for granted either. If I see something and think it’s ugly, I will wonder why, wonder what I can learn from it, wonder if it is teaching me of beauty by virtue of it not being so (as it may be one half of the theory of opposites).
- Feeling. I might have learned something about how beauty feels. I’m not quite sure about this one yet, but I am optimistic that I can now sense beauty in ways that I could not prior to day one.
- Perception. I am still learning this (as I am all of this). I believe that outer perception is influence by inner perception: that what I see is conditioned first by how I am predisposed to see it…that I have pre-judgements about what I expect to see. And what I expect to see is conditioned by the thoughts I have about it. It’s up to me to make sure my thoughts are open, accepting, loving, kind, so that is mental-state is how I approach the world. In this mind-frame, there is more likelyhood to see, and thus experience, beauty.
Thank you so much for being here, on this Journey with me. It was an absolute pleasure. I hope that your personal journey was enlightening, eye-opening, and happy. See you on June 9 for Journey of Creation! Love to you.