When you lift your vibration into Peace and Harmony, all are lifted with you. With this awareness comes great responsibility: you are a Peace steward of all humanity, of all Life. Eternal Peace is your natural state. Joyfully and easily share It with all, and fulfill your Divine Purpose in the world.
Today, I understood the meaning for today’s Guiding Thought a little better than last round.
The first sentence is formed as a simple statement of fact, basically acknowledging “this is how it is”. It’s not asking you to do anything, like lift your vibration or bring peace to a situation; it’s not trying to convince you that you “should” raise your vibration. No.
It’s simply stating that when you do, there are results that you cannot see, perhaps cannot even imagine at this time. There are consequences that affect all of humanity, that your actions have a positive “ripple effect”.
Now: think about those times when you have been a catalyst for peace in any situation:
- When have you helped people who were unable to communicate with each other to work past their problems?
- When have you encouraged someone to forgive?
- When have you helped someone realize greater self-esteem, make them feel good about themselves?
- When have you shown someone (who perhaps was being too hard on themselves) how their action had a beneficial outcome?
- When have you “talked someone down”?
- When have you shown patience to someone unkind, cruel, or angry?
- When have you smiled and brightened a cashier’s day?
Yes! It can be that simple. All of your actions, even the ones that seem trivial and insignificant have vast rippling effects. Chances are, you are doing such things regularly, and have done these small acts many, many times.
…for which I thank you. Truly. It is all of our effort, in small daily actions, bringing small acts of peace and kindness to people, that is changing the world.
When you did/do these acts, you probably don’t even think about it. You probably just see someone in need, a situation that you can help with, and you act out of compassion and care.
You certainly haven’t thought about the consequences, beyond the immediate situation or people.
Now I’ve drawn your attention to it. And now you know the very deep and lasting (rippling throughout all time and space!) effects that all of your kindness, compassion, care, and peace-acts have and continue to have.
Here was my new understanding for the day:
There is no going back. What’s the saying? Once you see something you can’t unsee it? Likewise, once you know something, you can’t unknow it.
Now we know the impact of our tiniest actions, and we cannot unknow it.
Henceforth, how can I not offer peace? How can I not make the most of every interaction by offering some small shred of peace to it?
If you are now asking yourself, “How do I do that?” I offer you two things:
First, this from Day 16:
- Think of your “enemies” a little while, and tell each one as he occurs to you, “My brother, peace and joy I offer you, that I may have God’s peace and joy as mine”. Thus you prepare yourself for God’s gifts to you and let your mind be free of all that would prevent success today. Now you are ready to accept the the gift of peace and joy which God has given to you (emphasis for today). From: A Course in Miracles
- Use these words in any situation (“enemies” or not), simply say/think the words. Remember the smallest of drops has enormous effects.
Second, these steps, adapted from Day 15:
- Be aware, remember giving peace is easy, remember to give peace as often as you can.
- Make a choice. Decide today that peace is worth your time and attention. Decide to do your best to remember peace as often as you can. make this decision daily, until you no longer have to think about it.
- Bring your attention to that place within that connects you to the “higher good”.
- Mentally ask that place to represent Peace for you.
- Offer peace (use any prayer/thoughts/words) that come to mind. If none do, just feel peace going from your heart to the person or situation.
- Know that you have blessed the world in ways you will never know.
To you, I offer now: My brothers and sisters, peace and joy I offer you, that I may have God’s peace and joy as mine.
ppppsssssttttt….Pass it on.