Yay! It’s 2018! Aren’t you glad to be done with 2017? So many people I know had a lot of stress over the course of 2017. It wasn’t always big stress, but it seems like it all just kept piling on, culminating in a very stressful year. I am looking forward to a great 2018–here’s hoping!
Today, Journey of the Heart begins! We had a bit of a blizzard here on the east coast, which means I was a bit distracted from the Journeys–I had to make it safely to work (took me over an hour to go about 22 miles), safely home from work (another 90 minutes), then clear my driveway. But I am here, now. Ready to go.
For those who are returning to the Journeys, welcome back; for those who are new here, welcome! If you are new to the Journeys, this post may not make much sense, so please check out what’s going on today (the Why) here.
Why Journey of the Heart
One of the reasons I am excited about 2018 is because this is the start of the first official cycle of Journeys. A cycle consists of 14 Journeys, over the period of two years. Yeah.
The cycle always begins with the heart because it’s through the heart that we are able to connect with a deeper part of ourselves. Through the heart we connect with our deepest wishes-wants-desires, those things that are intangible and abstract, yet give us the most fulfillment, the most filled-fullness.
It is in the heart that dualities are unified and limits are expanded. It is through the heart that we solve puzzles with disparate pieces. Being aware of the heart helps us make better choices. Opening the heart brings us more love and harmony.
The cycle begins with the heart to establish these qualities: unity, connection, heart-felt intuition, love, and harmony. The Journeys that follow will draw from the heart-energy we bring forth here on this Journey. We will be directing our consciousness to build a solid foundation upon which our consciousness can grow over the upcoming Journeys.
In this sense, Why Journey of the Heart is very simple: begin a conscious relationship with yourself, through the heart; take the steps; begin. Each day, connect with your heart, invite your heart-energy to inform your choices, and open to its direction.
Allow it to be simple; allow the opening to be at a pace that is comfortable for you. Too much, and fear may step in, too little and you may not notice. There are many who need to heal their relationship with their heart; it takes time to open, listen, and trust. Be gentle with yourself (and I remind myself of that too!) as you move through the 40-days.
Allow it to be fun! There is so much Joy within you waiting to come forth! Even as I write this, I feel my heart almost giddy with delight and anticipation—it knows what joy it wants to bring me!
There are (as usual) a few things that I want to work on specifically for this Journey, keeping in mind I am setting the stage for the following 13 Journeys over the next two years. This is a “big picture” plan for myself, and much of this I have been working on over and over for years. You do not need to go this far in thinking about how to frame your Journey of the Heart; for those just beginning it’s enough to be here, now, with your heart. Bring your attention to your heart, and ask it why it’s important to connect with it. Then write. Keep it simple. Keep it easy.
Here is my Why a Journey of the Heart:
- The heart’s intelligence is closest to the energy of infinity, eternity, Divine Love, and Divine Oneness. To walk with enlightenment means to bring that energy connected to the heart out, into the world. I want to walk a path of enlightenment, thus I want to connect with my heart.
- Divine co-creation. This is something I have been working on for a while…What is the highest work that I can do in the world? What can I bring and give to serve others with highest Divine Light and Love? Simply put: what is my highest purpose? (Journey of Purpose immediately follows this one!) Connecting with my heart will help me connect with this deepest inner part of me to uncover/discover my Divine Service.
- The heart is passionate. I want that. I want that joy and exuberance that comes from knowing that my life and work is the highest possible co-creation currently available to me (refer to #2 above). When I feel trust in that certainty, I can give myself (energy/time/work) with gusto to what I am doing.
- Much of my life I have been a highly pensive-thoughtful-mental-intellectual person. It is a fairly big part of my self-identity. I want to continue that, but I want my intellect to be guided by my heart.
- I want a better relationship with the Divine, and particularly with Jesus. I was raised Catholic, but I consider myself “inter-faithed”– I think Divine Wisdom can be found in many religions, theologies, and philosophies. I love Jesus, and in the Catholic tradition, there is a practice called “the sacred heart of Jesus”, which focuses on His divine Love for all humanity. That’s a pretty high standard: Divine Love for all humanity. And I strive for that standard. Who better to teach me than Jesus?
- Finally, I want to strengthen my joyous-heart celebration-gratitude for the Divine.
That’s not too much, is it?
Take some time today to think about your heart, and what you want from it, what you want to learn. How can this Journey serve your heart-connection, so that your heart-connection can serve the world?
I am so glad you are here!