Motivation is a choice. Intention is a choice. Direction of will is a choice. In Peace, we listen for guidance so that all our actions are motivated by Joy, all our intentions are Love, and the direction of our will is simply to share Joy and Love.
This day, first Journey of Fulfillment, 2014
This day, second Journey of Fulfillment, 2016
One year ago– Choosing is Easy, When You’re not Stuck in a Pattern: Journey of Peace 2017
What motivates you to follow a spiritual path–to meditate, to do yoga, to pray, to read inspired writings? Why do you do it?
This is my new favorite question. I want to hear how people answer this. It’s so interesting, and everyone is different.
Here are two responses I have received recently:
- “I have had experiences of and with the divine. It’s mostly been with people around the time of death, a confirmation that there is something bigger than me, bigger than us, and bigger than this life that we live. These experiences from the past confirm the Divine to me, and motivate me to seek more experiences with the Divine.”
- “I can’t imagine any other way of being. I sort of fought it for years, not embracing that ‘spiritual’ side of myself. But now, I’ve given in to it. I seek the Divine to live with the Divine, because anything else no longer makes sense to me”.
How would you respond?
In a way, this question is an umbrella question for all these Journeys, much like the Why at the beginning of each Journey, but encompassing an overarching Why, looking at the big picture, rather than individualized answers to specific Journeys. Such motivation encompasses everything, bringing perspective to all of your actions, all of your seeking, not just the why for one Journey.
There’s no wrong answer; there is only awareness. My answer has changed over the years. My idea of what “enlightenment” is has changed over the years. My motivation has changed…At no point did I ever feel that what motivated me, or what directed my actions was wrong. In fact, at every point, I felt pretty confident in my reasons for being motivated in the way I was.
This, to me, is how I have moved along the path, and how I have evolved. I have to embrace where I’m at in order to move past that point.
Yeah, sure I can work at being motivated through Peace, and listen for guidance so that all my actions are motivated by Joy, all my intentions are Love, and the direction of my will is simply to share Joy and Love.
But if that does not work for me today, that’s ok. I can tap into my overarching reason of motivation, and evolve myself from where I am. It just takes me to be willing to do it.
Ways to support this work:
- Hire me as your Spiritual Coach, you may sign up for a personalized Journey with me Click here for more information. Or I offer 1-on-1 spiritual coaching sessions. This is non-religion specific, and open to everyone, even atheists, though of course we would call something like “self-analysis coach” for a self-identified atheist.
- Indulge in one of my healing services: Jharra, Reiki, Fire Ceremony (see withpearls.com for more information).
- Send me a monetary gift via paypal: paypal.me/SusanBillmaier (please note “gift” in the transaction).
- Tell a friend about this site, the coaching or healing services.
- Invite me to interview on a podcast or for an article.
All proceeds go toward increasing love, light, and a consciousness of Oneness in the world. Thank you for your contribution that benefits All.
These Journeys are always available on this site at no charge. I also provide Jharra, Reiki, and Fire Ceremonies at no-charge to those who ask.
2 thoughts on “Umbrella Motivation -Fulfillment (1.6.28)”
U are right.Divine love and experience are higher than this physical world.
We just need to keep lifting ourselves higher and higher!