Why would we choose to limit ourselves? To limit reality? All reality is ours and ours to give. In giving and sharing, Joy increases, expanding Love, expanding our experience of LIFE!
Did you know that today is National Grouch Day? Inspired by the Grouch of Grouches, this is a day to celebrate that little bit (or lot) of grouch within.
I am not a grouchy person. At all. When I woke up this morning I did not know it was National Grouch day, but I was totally in tune with it, oddly enough. When I got to work, I confessed to several people that I felt “grouchy”–and I used that word specifically, rejecting “cranky” for it. What was funny to me, was that (and this was still all before I learned it is actually National Grouch day) the people I confessed my grouchiness to, replied in kind. They felt grouchy too!
What was even funnier is that once we started admitting it, we were laughing about it–which is very un-grouchy. It was almost like allowing ourselves to embrace the grouch moved us past the grouch.
I don’t think this would have worked if I were more-often a grouch. If that were the case, I would have been serious about being a grouch. But the way it came out today was more, “can you believe it, I (of all people) feel grouchy, haaaaaaa”! And we laughed. That’s the kicker, not only did my grouchiness get turned upside down, it was able to turn several other people’s grouchiness upside down.
In an odd twist, I feel like this is the perfect fit for today’s Journey. I didn’t “limit myself” to “only happy thoughts”; I didn’t suppress the impulse to feel, even if it was the “grouch” in me. But this very acceptance (and sharing it) expanded joy, and increased my and other people’s experience of life in a positive way.
If you haven’t yet today, embrace your inner grouch! Love your inner grouch! Be your inner grouch! …and laugh and laugh and laugh.
Ways to support this work:
- Hire me as your Spiritual Coach, you may sign up for a personalized Journey with me Click here for more information. Or I offer 1-on-1 spiritual coaching sessions. This is non-religion specific, and open to everyone, even atheists, though of course we would call something like “self-analysis coach” for a self-identified atheist.
- Indulge in one of my healing services: Jharra, Reiki, Fire Ceremony (see withpearls.com for more information).
- Send me a monetary gift via paypal: paypal.me/SusanBillmaier (please note “gift” in the transaction).
- Tell a friend about this site, the coaching or healing services.
- Invite me to interview on a podcast or for an article.
All proceeds go toward increasing love, light, and a consciousness of Oneness in the world. Thank you for your contribution that benefits All.
These Journeys are always available on this site at no charge. I also provide Jharra, Reiki, and Fire Ceremonies at no-charge to those who ask.